The Australian Federal Police Association takes our members’ mental welfare importantly. We recognise the profoundly positive ways in which pets can affect peoples’ lives and daily routines.
- Give you a reason to get up in the morning
- Make leaving the house easier (as they need to exercise every day)
- Assist in planning your daily routine
- Make social situations easier to manage and control
- Allow regular “decompression sessions” where you don’t need to talk
- Measurably lower your anxiety
The AFPA has partnered with Greyhounds As Pets to allow our members the chance to adopt a greyhound at no cost. If not adopted, these ex-athletes would eventually face having to be destroyed. We are extremely happy that we are able to offer them a second career as a fully-trained PTSD support dog.
Click the below button for more information, and to begin the journey of being partnered with a greyhound.