News & Events
The AFPA Communications Manager strives to keep members regularly informed about issues and events important to members through our various communication networks. We encourage members to check back with us on a regular basis to keep yourself up to date on all AFPA matters.
AFPA Member Meetings 2018
Members will receive an email ahead of the scheduled meeting date with further details including an agenda, location and times of the meetings.
Meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Thursday 16 August – Darwin Office – 12pm
- Thursday 6 September – Melbourne
- Wednesday 3 October – Sydney
- Monday 19 November – Perth
- Tuesday 20 November – Adelaide
All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are scheduled for approx. one hour which includes time for questions and the opportunity to raise topics not listed on the agenda. Alternatively, you can send us an email anytime at email@example.com with any issues or activities pertaining to the AFPA.
We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you soon.
Police Week 15-29 September 2018
The inaugural PFA Police Week will take place on 15-29 September 2018.
Events that will be held during Police Week include:
- Wall to Wall Ride: Ride for Remembrance
- 100km Century Bike Ride: Remembering Mates
- National Policing Summit
- National Bravery Awards
- PFA Federal Council
- International Council of Police Representative Associations Conference.
Member News and Updates
The AFPA is excited to announce that we are currently in the process of launching a new website. While we are in the building phase of our new website, you may experience some broken links, particularly, in the member’s zone or for those new members wanting to join, the membership application form.
If you are having difficulty accessing any area of the AFPA website, please contact the AFPA Membership Services Officer on 02 6285 1677 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transferring to a new position/changing roles
- Long Service Leave
- Welfare Officers Network and other welfare support
- Application for secondary employment – foster carers
- Maternity Leave – Application to the Fair Work Commission – update
- ANAO Audit – Managing mental health in the Australian Federal Police – update