The AFPA provides a range of employment representation and assistance to its members. The AFPA also supports its members by providing assistance and advocacy in a number of Employment and Industrial areas including;
- Legal advice, advocacy and representation for members in PRS matters.
- Legal advice and representation for members involved in work related matters, including critical incidents, Federal Court and criminal investigations, ACLEI investigations, coronial inquests, use of force incidents (subject to AFPA rules) which may include AFPA engagement and funding of external legal practitioners as part of membership support.
- Advice and assistance with interpretation and application of Agreements, guidelines, determinations and legislation.
- Negotiation of improved pay and working conditions and promotion of the general welfare of members
- Political lobbying and submissions on legislation and policy affecting the interests of members
- Advice to members on occupational health and safety and workers compensation matters, employment rights and obligations and support for members who have been disadvantaged or unfairly treated
- Discounted negotiated rates to approved national law firms who specialise in police matters.