The Australian Federal Police Association provides a voice for its members on issues that matter to members at work. The AFPA is the peak body for federal law enforcement in Australia.
The AFPA strives to influence policy formulation and decision making to achieve:
- Law enforcement and national security legislative reform
- Comprehensive occupational health and safety for members at home and abroad
- Fair employment and integrity measures for AFP appointees and others working in federal law enforcement
- Appropriate human and financial resourcing of the AFP to enable our members to professionally achieve the operational objectives of the Government and AFP.
We advance the professional interests of our members every day by:
- Consultation with members of Federal Parliament
- Regular communication with relevant Ministers and Shadow Ministers
- Lobbying of the ACT Legislative Assembly
- Representing the views of the broader membership in discussions with the AFP Senior Executive
- Submissions to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Law Enforcement, the Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs and other relevant committees and inquiries
- Representation at conferences, workshops and roundtables on key issues faced by members.
Update your details now
In order for the AFPA to communicate more effectively with you, keep you regularly updated on all the benefits and services on offers. It is important you update your details. Updating is quick and easy, click here for more.