Full details of AFPA Welfare and Financial Assistance can be found here
The Australian Federal Police Association is committed to providing a range of legal, industrial and welfare support for all members. As part of our welfare support for our members we have a number of schemes in place to provide financial assistance to members or their families when death, illness, injury, or other severe hardship occurs.
Financial member benefits include:
- 24/7 Trauma (Critical injury/Illness Assistance) – one off payment ranging between $10,000-$25,000
- Member Bereavement Assistance – one off payment of $5000
- Severe Hardship Assistance – up to $3000
- Injury and Illness Assistance – payment ranging between $12,000-$30,000
- Immediate Household Welfare Benefit – one off payment of $5000
- Child/s Educational Benefit – one off payment of $5000 to a maximum of $20,000
- Member Funeral Benefit – one off payment of $5000
- Member Death Benefit – payment ranging between $100,00-$200,000
- Retirement or resignation badge board – payment between $250-$600.
All member financial assistance is assessed on a case by case basis and in accordance with the AFPA rules. It is provided at the discretion of the National Executive who may require a member to provide evidence to support a request for assistance.