News & Events
The AFPA Communications Manager strives to keep members regularly informed about issues and events important to members through our various communication networks. We encourage members to check back with us on a regular basis to keep yourself up to date on all AFPA matters.
AFPA Member Meetings 2018
Members will receive an email ahead of the scheduled meeting date with further details including an agenda, location and times of the meetings.
Meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Monday 6 August – Brisbane
- Tuesday 7 August – Gold Coast
- Wednesday 15 August – Alice Springs
- Friday 17 August – Darwin
- Friday 7 September – Melbourne
- Wednesday 3 October – Sydney
- Monday 19 November – Perth
- Tuesday 20 November – Adelaide
Canberra meetings are yet to be confirmed.
All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are scheduled for approx. one hour which includes time for questions and the opportunity to raise topics not listed on the agenda. Alternatively, you can send us an email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or activities pertaining to the AFPA.
We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you soon.
Police Week 15-29 September 2018
The inaugural PFA Police Week will take place on 15-29 September 2018.
Events that will be held during Police Week include:
- Wall to Wall Ride: Ride for Remembrance
- 100km Century Bike Ride: Remembering Mates
- National Policing Summit
- National Bravery Awards
- PFA Federal Council
- International Council of Police Representative Associations Conference.
Member News and Updates
- Attendance of Employer and/or Rehab Provider at Medical Appointments
- Leave approvals
- Performance Development Agreements (PDAs)
- Excessive Annual Leave and MRDs
- Members previously in receipt of High Volume Operations composite and the new EA
- Maternity Leave – Federal Court proceedings
- Industrial Queries