Industrial and Legal Support
The Australian Federal Police Association employs a team of qualified and experienced Industrial Officers and Lawyers. The team has a deep breadth of experience within the AFP, government agencies, private law firms and the union movement.
Our staff is well-equipped with the experience and internal knowledge to assist with a variety of industrial and legal issues, including:
- Assistance and representation in Professional Standards matters
- Paid and unpaid suspensions from duty
- Natural Justice Responses
- Comcare disputes and appeals
- Freedom of Information requests
- Termination and Section 28 “Consideration of Employment” assistance
- Overpayment and underpayment
- Legal Assistance funding
- Workplace health and safety
- Employment rights and obligations
- Workplace bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Enterprise Agreement advice.