When it comes to protecting lives, you’d only ever give your best
Can you say the same for your health insurer? Our members can, and do.
We’re Police Health – Australia’s only private health fund run by police for police. We’ve been looking after the health and wellbeing of the police community for 85 years!
As a not-for-profit our members distinct needs are our priority – and that devotion makes our members really happy. So much so that we’ve held a 98% member satisfaction rating or higher for the last 13 years.
Specialising in Gold Cover
As you’re part of Australia’s police community you’ll appreciate that the unexpected, critical and severe can lie just around the corner, which is why we only offer top cover as we believe anything less would be a disservice to you.
Our products are designed specifically for the needs of the policing community and their families. We don’t cut corners, we don’t overload you with options, or opt ins or opt outs.
If you’re already a member of Police Health, you’re enjoying the following benefits*
- Our Gold Hospital cover is true top hospital cover. No excess, benefit limitation periods, co-payments or exclusions.
- Freedom of choice. You can choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider such as your physiotherapist or dentist, as long as the provider is recognised by us.
- 80% benefits for most Extras.
- A Rollover Benefit allowing you to roll over any unused annual maximums from one calendar year to the next on most Extras.
- Fast turnaround on claims.
- Speak to a real person when you call.
- 100% Ambulance cover for emergency transport, clinically required non-emergency transport and treatment not requiring transport- Australia-wide
* subject to waiting periods and other conditions
Easy to understand Cover
Police Health is conscious that a multitude of private health insurance products can be confusing.
Therefore, we have only three; all offering great value for money
- Gold Hospital – the cover you’ll need for treatment in any hospital or day surgery (public or private) anywhere in Australia.
- Rolling Extras – offering an extensive range of all the most valued extra benefits such as pharmaceutical, dental, optical, physiotherapy, ambulance and more.
- Gold Combined – a combination of Gold Hospital and Rolling Extras to give the convenience of an all-in-one, money saving cover.
Who Can Join?
Police Health is restricted access private health insurer for:
- Currently or previously employed Australian police officers and police employees/volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
- Retired and former police officers, and employees/ volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
- Close relations of the above, such as:
- Dependent Child
- Adult Child (Adult Child’s Partner/Spouse/Dependent Child)
- Former Partner/Spouse
- Sibling (Sibling’s Partner/Spouse/Dependent Child)
- Grandchild (Grandchild’s Partner)
For a complete flow chart of eligible relatives and dependents, click here
Looking for more information?
ACT – Click Here
NSW – Click Here
VIC – Click Here
TAS – Click Here
QLD – Click Here
NT – Click Here
SA – Click Here
WA – Click Here
Phone: 1800 603 603
Postal: Police Health, Reply Paid 6111, Halifax St, Adelaide SA 5000
Office: Police Health, 320 King William Street Adelaide
Office Hrs (SA Time):
Monday, Wednesday to Friday 8:45am-4:45pm