PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE JUST FOR YOU
Covering more than 75,000 members and with a Member Satisfaction Rating of 99%*, Police Health is the not-for profit health fund of choice for police personnel, volunteers and their families.
We specialise in award-winning gold cover only, designed specifically for the needs of the policing community and their families. Enjoy cover like no other – cover that:
- is simple and easy to understand with only three policies;
- offers value for money without any excess and roll-over Extras; and
- provides the peace of mind you and your family deserve.
As a member of Police Health, you’ll enjoy the following benefits#
- Our Gold Hospital cover is true top hospital cover. No excess, benefit limitation periods, co-payments or exclusions.
- Freedom of choice. You can choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider such as your physiotherapist or dentist, as long as the provider is recognised by us.
- 80% benefits for most Extras.
- A Rollover Benefit allowing you to roll over any unused annual maximums from one calendar year to the next on most Extras.
- Fast turnaround on claims.
- Speak to a real person when you call.
- 100% Ambulance cover for emergency transport, clinically required non-emergency transport and treatment not requiring transport- Australia-wide
EASY TO UNDERSTAND COVER
Health insurance made simple, Police Health only has three covers, all offering great value for money!
- Gold Hospital – the cover you’ll need for treatment in any hospital or day surgery (public or private) anywhere in Australia.
- Rolling Extras – offering an extensive range of all the most valued extra benefits such as pharmaceutical, dental, optical, physiotherapy, ambulance and more.
- Gold Combined – a combination of Gold Hospital and Rolling Extras to give the convenience of an all-in-one, money saving cover.
Who Can Join?
As a restricted access health insurer, we cover singles, couples, single parent families and families, and membership is also open to your extended family. Parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters and their partners and children can all benefit from the quality of our cover!
Here’s a quick overview of who’s eligible:
- Currently or previously employed Australian police officers and police employees/volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
- Retired and former police officers, and employees/ volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
- Eligibility also extends to close relations of the above, such as:
- Dependent Children
- Adult Children
- Adult Child’s Partner/Spouse
- Adult Child’s Dependent Child
- Partner/Spouse or defacto
- Former Partner/Spouse
- Sibling’s Partner/Spouse
- Sibling’s Dependent Child
- Grandchild’s Partner
- Grandchild’s Dependent Child
Call us on 1800 603 603 if you’re uncertain about your eligibility – we’d be happy to help. For a complete flow chart of eligible relatives and dependents, click here.
Looking for more information?
Download your State Guide from the links below for more information.
Phone: 1800 603 603
Postal: Police Health, Reply Paid 6111, Halifax St, Adelaide SA 5000
Office: Police Health, 320 King William Street Adelaide
* Customer Satisfaction Survey 2006-2023 Discovery Research. Named the #1 Health Fund for Member Satisfaction in 2023 with a score of 99%, marking 17 consecutive years maintaining a score of 98% or higher.
# subject to waiting periods and other conditions